Home > Earthgauge radio, News & Politics, Podcasts, Uncategorized > Earthgauge Radio – June 12, 2018
Earthgauge Radio – June 12, 2018
A weekly Canadian environmental news podcast featuring stories from across Canada and around the world.
Join me here every week or subscribe to the podcast.
On the show this week:
- a new oceans study could alter climate change predictions (for the worse)
- new ship fuel regulations could sink oil sands expansion
- the Canadian government’s purchase of the Kinder Morgan Transmountain pipeline comes amid collapsing demand for oil globally
- taxpayers are still shelling out billions of dollars in subsidies for the oil industry
- India announces a single-use plastics ban and the International Olympic Committee makes a commitment to fight plastic pollution
- Volkswagen bans diesel exhaust testing on animals (can you believe this was even happening in the first place?)
- Donald Trump is isolated on plastics and climate change at the recent G7 Summit
- the Pope urges oil companies to lead the transition to clean energy
- a B.C. start-up company figures out how to remove carbon from the air.